Sunday, March 22, 2020

Greetings!

Hello one and all,

I hope you are staying safe through this crazy time. Please remember to think of others and yourself as well.

Since my time is a bit more flexible now, I will be updating with pictures of postcards. I have a big back log of them!

The first one I wanted to feature was one I sent myself from Andorra, from the Spanish Post office there. They do not have their own postal service and rely on the French and Spanish Post. The French post was already closed when I arrived there (around noon-1pm). Trying to find postcards there on a limited time was a feat in itself! They don't have a lot of souvenir stores in La Vella, but they did have a lot of tobacco shops and other shopping stores.I finally found a tobacco shop called La Casa Des Tabacs that sold postcards and other souvenirs. It was a race against time because I was only there for a few hours!

The bus station in Andorra was probably the nicest one I have been to. It was small and had a lot of direct trips to Barcelona, since I was visiting my friend there. You need a passport to go in and out of the country, because they are not an EU or Schengen country. The gist of that is because they have always stuck to being an independent nation (they don't want to join Spain or France) and their Catalan heritage has a strong presence in this decision as well. The buildings in the city were just stacked and really close to each other, I didn't see any houses as there were mainly apartment buildings and businesses.

Overall, I had an interesting time in Andorra. The next time I will go will be to check out their thermal pools and spas! I really wish I had two days to explore the country.

Eerie nod to the future. I think this was one of the cool stamps I sent out. This was designated to send a card to the US, 

Andorra! The land of the Pyrenees Mountain dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment