Monday, March 17, 2014

First Card I ever received through the official site

Hello everyone!

I have decided to start a blog, since I've been inspired to start one after seeing so many creative ones from all around the world. I will keep this as a virtual record-keeping for myself, as well as for your enjoyment! 

I started Postcrossing +/- 2 days 4 years ago! A dear friend of mine, Kelson, actually linked me to the site and thought it was up my alley. Four years later...he is right on the money! The funny thing is that he is not a member, he somehow ran across it and thought of me. 

At first, I didn't know how things worked...so it took me a little while to send my first card. At the time, the US was around 500,000 cards sent out, so it was still fairly early. Now, it is around 2 million sent cards and counting!

When I got my first card, I was very confused. It was sent in an envelope from Italy. If you're familiar with my name, absolutmeliss, it's because I like the Absolut Vodka ads. I found them in an art magazine when I was little, and I've been intrigued since. 


Since then, I knew I would be hooked. The sender offered to send me more in return for US ads, but I have not found any. He is still on postcrossing, so hopefully I can touch base with him later on and finally swap again. 

I don't think I'll upload every single card I get...but I will try to post as many as I can. I do have a backlog of about 4 years, so bear with me. I have also started trading in the unofficial postcrossing group on Facebook, so I've traded for cards I'm interested in, or hunt for rare countries. Stay tuned for more postcards!

1 comment:

  1. So this was your first postcard….what a special one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete