Monday, March 17, 2014

If you want it badly enough, sometimes you have to do it yourself!

Hello folks! 

I am on a posting roll, so I will continue blogging until I get tired of it today :) It is rare I find free time, let alone be productive during this free time!

When I studied abroad in Germany in the summer of 2012, I took a mini euro trip to finally cross off countries off my list while I still had the time. One of the countries I visited was Italy. I was in Pisa and Rome. When in Rome, I also went to the Vatican!



The Vatican, located in the Holy See or Vatican City.


Wikipedia says:


Vatican City i/ˈvætɨkən ˈsɪti/, officially Vatican City State (Italian: Stato della Città del Vaticano; pronounced [ˈstaːto della t͡ʃitˈta (d)del vatiˈkaːno]), is a landlocked sovereign city-state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome, Italy. It has an area of approximately 44 hectares (110 acres), and a population of around 840.[1] This makes Vatican City the smallest internationally recognized independent state in the world by both area and population.


source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City

I unfortunately didn't get to visit a lot while there, since I had 3 countries to visit in 8 days, but it was still a memorable experience to see St. Peter's basilica. I can also say I've walked across a country! I did sent a postcard only to my mom at the time. Sorry other Postcrossing friends! Why? Because it cost 1,60€ to send a postcard!








I didn't send any other cards while on that trip, and I wish I had, but at the time I budgeted myself to spend only what I needed to. Hopefully there will be a next time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment