Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Where the east meets the west: Turkey

Hello again!

One country I have seen pop up more and more often is Turkey. To me, Turkey is an exotic land, host to all kinds of people. One thing I do miss from Germany is the Döner, a quick and filling fast food brought by the Turkish immigrants. It's everywhere, from Poland to Spain, it's a common and loved fast food. Word has it that a few business students from UT-Austin are opening up their chains soon in Austin and Houston. I await them eagerly!

Anyway, back on track, my friend Sandra has visited Turkey a few times and has happily sent me a few cards while she was there. The first card is actually a 3D card that made it in one piece! It was the first 3D card I ever received. I am currently swapping for more, so we will see what turns up! The second card was indeed sent to Germany while I still lived there. I have other cards from Turkey, but I think these deserved their own post because they were so beautifully decorated.





No comments:

Post a Comment