Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Too much mail!

Hello again!

I am going to make it my goal to write a blog post of at least one card a day. I actually received 4 mailings (one of them had 3 cards!) yesterday, and I finally received my Nightmare Before Christmas cards from Japan today, 12 days after the sender told me they had received my cards! It is nuts how the mail system works somedays.

In yesterday's loot, I received a 3D card from Dubai, United Arab Emirates but it was actually sent from India. This time, he received my 3D card one day before I did...which makes sense date wise.






The caption in the back says "A before and after photograph of a camel visiting Dubai." The picture reverts back to a serious camel.

I actually don't mind at all that it wasn't actually sent from Dubai, I have a dear friend that is currently on a work assignment there, and I plan on visiting them in the future. It's a city that's the definition of being built on oil money, and they are making themselves well known among other high list cities like London, Paris, NYC, etc. I hear from my friend of how modern the city is, that I want to visit it enough, that it doesn't matter that it's in the desert. This is actually the second card I have received from India, I do have some that were sent long ago. The sender also writes that he dreams of traveling to many places throughout his life. Here's to future travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment